Profiles of expert speakers will appear here shortly but the list includes:
- Jonathan Watts, Author and Journalist
- Alan Searl, First Secretary, Low Carbon Growth, FCO Beijing
- Richard Brubaker, Visiting Professor of Sustainability at CEIBS
- Dominic Johnson-Hill, Founder, Plastered T-Shirts
- Charles Lankaster, Managing Director, Edelman Greater China
- Wu Changhua, Greater China Director, The Climate Group
- Dorian Cave, Internat Energy Solutions
- Xu Ping, Co-Head of Corporate Law at King and Wood
- Lemin Yu, Director of Corporate Law Department at Sinochem
- Ashley Howlett, Jones Day
Dorian Cavé: Of French and British nationalities, Dorian holds a Master’s degree in Sustainability applied to International Affairs from the Paris Institute of Political Science. He is also a student of Chinese language, history and philosophy at the Chinese University of Hong-Kong and at Qinghua University. Since November 2009, he is Chief Representative (China) for Internat Energy Solutions, an independant and innovative engineering consulting firm specialising in Green Building, energy efficiency, and greenhouse gas emissions assessments. He lives in Beijing, and is loving every minute of his time in China.
Alan Searl: is First Secretary, Low Carbon Growth, in the British Embassy’s Climate and Energy Team in Beijing. Before his current posting to China, Alan was part of the UK’s representation to the UN in Geneva responsible for climate change and global health issues. Alan first lived in China in 1994 as a voluntary service overseas teacher trainer in Henan province. Since then he has served in a number of roles focusing on China, including journalist, academic researcher, policy adviser, and project manager on legal reform projects. Alan has an MA in China Area Studies from SOAS, University of London, an MBA, and speaks Mandarin Chinese.
Philip McMaster: is principal researcher and co-founder of the McMaster Institute for Sustainable Development in Commerce, helping stakeholders from community, government and business to profit from holistic participation in larger, meaningful solutions.